June 5, 2012

Surgery Day.....

June 4, 2012 at 4:45 a.m. my alarm went off it was time to wake up, get ready to go to the hospital for Ethan's schedule surgery. I am not going to go into detail on what the surgery was about for one day he will grow up and maybe read this and do not want to embarrass him; therefore let us just say, the surgery was to correct what mother nature did not do. As a mother I knew that he was going to be just fine. I just felt a bit uneasy with the anesthesia part, but I prayed about it and knew God answered my prayer because my uneasiness became calm and felt a feeling of confidence.. The staff was just amazing, especially the child life specialist Jessie..she was so bubbly that just being in her presence I became bubbly..She played with Ethan with a children doctors kit tool explaining how they were going to take his blood pressure and a how a mask will make him take a nice long nap. Ethan was allowed to chose the flavor of the mask...he chose chocolate. Also, she told Ethan, there is a trading card collection game in which he needed to collect four animal card from the other staff, the animals were: a fish, an elephant, a monkey, and a bear and once he collects all four he gets a prize.  They sure made him feel so comfortable. 

The Walt Disney Pavillion at Florida Hospital

Arrived at the hospital with his trusty friend Shamu

Playing while waiting for his name to be called

Feeling a bit scared..... 

Playing doctor

 When the anesthesiologist came in that is when he felt scared and a bit uneasy..then they gave him "happy juice, which I was told is like drinking a case of beer..

The "happy Juice" look

I love him...

Sister by his side for some support..

The time came for Ethan to be taken to the operation room. While he was in the operation room I decided to collect the trading cards for him, I was mom on the hunt.. I wanted him to come back from surgery and see he had a cool prize.. I collected them all....They are pretty cool...the cards have the picture of each staff with their name and on the back a brief description of their favorite things and cool things to know about them, the prize was Flounder the fish from the Little Mermaid...The procedure lasted 45 minutes. He did great and although it has 24 hours I can not stop thanking the almighty God for his blessings...The surgeon for doing a great job....He lasted in the recovery room for an hour and was able to go home...he drank apple juice and was a bit drowsy but did great...Got his prescription, dressed him up and headed home..

He was drowsy but liked his Flounder.

  Before we exit the hospital we did a bit of a touring around the place....we saw some cool decorations for a hospital and a guy who we assumed works for Disney, he is hired to sing at the Pavilion..He was singing "Hakuta Matata."  

This was the floor, swimming fishies..so coool!

You really felt you were under the sea.

The two moose

Children and their parents can seat here and watch a Disney Movie

You placed your hands where indicated and the walls lights up...so cool

Little Simba.
Going Home

Although the hopsital looks more like a mini Disney museum, I am glad we did the tour it took his mind of what just happen and it put a smile on his face. With lots of rest, good diet and lots of tender loving care he is doing great and I have God to thank for that.                                                                                                             


  1. I'm so glad everything turned out okay, prima. The hospital looks beautiful too and the staff sounded amazing! Just the right thing to make him feel at ease. I love you. xoxo Jenny

  2. Great pics a lot kisses for my family