June 26, 2012

Cappuccino for children

This morning I was drinking my delicious warm cup of coffee when I heard on the Doctor show that in Australia, coffee shops serve cappuccino for children calling it "Babyccino." This trend has been going on for over a decade and now this trend is in New York. Coffee shops in Brooklyn such as in Park Slope and Fort Green have barista serving this "Babyccino" for a price of two dollars. Babycinno is described as a cappuccino beverage featuring a shot of decaf espresso topped with steamed milk and froth, while others use it to describe steamed milk with foam on top and a touch of cinnamon. Now, when I was small my grandmother once in a while would give me coffee diluted in water with crackers as a "snack." It is common in the Latin culture to give a taste of coffee to children; but not to the point of going to a coffee shop with your toddler and ask for a Babyccino. 

Now tell me, would you order a Babyccino for your toddler? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment