March 22, 2011

My five year plan

Before ever getting married my five year plan went something like this: Get a college degree, get a job, meet a great man, get married, buy a house, have children and live happily ever after. Soon to be five year later my so called "five year plan" did not go as plan. I did get a Bachelor in Finance and Investment and certified as a Charter Market Technicina Level I. I did work at a couple of financial industry, I did married a great man BUT have not bought a house as of yet. Eight month after being married we found out we were expecting, and eight weeks later we lost our pregnancy. I cried and asked the famous question "why me, why us?." As a believer in the Lord and knowing that God always knows what is best for us, a sense of calmness came over me. So, we moved on and told ourselves we would not plan on having a baby, we would just leave it in God's hand. April 2008 we found out we were expecting again. A sense of fear came over me for I did not want to have a miscarriage again, but I told myself to relax and that is what I did...I relaxed. As weeks passed by my belly was getting bigger and I just knew I was having a boy (mother instinct). Except when I was 32 weeks pregnant, I was not feeling good at all. I was having strong headaches, and I was swollen like a blimpe balloon. Called the doctor, his advice was to take regular tylenol and to lay down, the swelling was because I was retaining water. Well at 2:30 in the morning of October 13, 2008 I woke up throwing up everything that was inside of me, Lola barked at my husband to wake up and he rushed to the bathroom and adviced to stop throwing up because it looked like my liver was being affected due to the color of the yukiness coming out of me. I did stopped vomiting but I have no recollection of what happen after that. The following information was told by my husband and he said: He laid me on the bed and I went into a seizure attack and lost my breathing, basically I died at home. He is CPR certified and has a degree in Medical Assistance and he did what he had to do...Bring me back to life. He did, he then called 911 and off to the hospital we went. Luckily my Doctor was on duty and straight to the OR. Hubby then tells me that Doctor told him I was not going to make it only the baby, but he told him to do everything in his medical power to have both of us alive. "She is alive I know she is," he told doctor. Well had Ethan by C-section and I went into a coma for four days.......Four days later woke up to see my husband face, Thank You God, for blessing me with Life. It turned out I had Eclampisa or Toximia. On the fifth day of doing great went to the NICU to see my son for the first time and it melt my heart that when i held his tinny hand and spoke to him he gave me a smile, he knew his mama voice. A week in the hospital and then home sweet home.

New Born at 3lbs 11oz

Two and half year later.

 Now it is 2009 went back to work, left my bundle of Joy in the hands of a great nanny who happen to be a family member. In March hubby was accepted at a job all the way in Florida. I was excited for the new adventure but already getting homesick. I always lived in New York, my life, history, family live in New York. I was not sure I wanted to move BUT we did, we moved to Florida in October 12, 2009 which mean Ethan one year old birthday party was celebrated 3 days early.

Eat your heart out Prince William you have competition!

Flor Genao, Ethan's babysitter. I can tell you i could not have chosen a better person to take care of my miracle baby. 

Dec. 24, 2009 SURPISE, we are pregnant again. Schedule an appointment at the doctors and once I arrived I made sure I told them everything that happen with both of my pregnancy. I did not want another traumatic pregnancy. Each time I went to the doctor I made sure my bloodpressure was checked, my urine was tested for protein, and my weight was not increasing insignificantly. As months passed went to do my sugar test and failed. Went to see a nutritionist and was given a glucometer. Needed to test my sugar four time a day and follow a diet. I was never a bad eater nor junk food is in my vocabulary BUT blame it on the hormone. August came and on the 8th at 2:00 a.m. my water broke and I have to say it felt great, becuase with my previous pregnancy I did not experience the full term. We grabbed my hospital bag, a sleepy 22 month old and told Lola see you soon and of to the hospital we went. We checked in and they told me that I would have to stay. My doctor arrived at 6:30 and her team was preparing me for the C-section. What happen with Ethan while I was getting ready, he was being dropped off at a friends house which I have adopted as family!
  Welcome to the world Amalia Bermudez, you are some gorgeous baby!

August 8, 2010!!!

Amalias Christening on Dec. 19, 2010

Therefore, my five year plans did not go as plan, but I have had a great five year so far, because I was blessed with LIFE once again to see and be around those whom I love!

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,"declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Proverb 19:21 "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails."

No comments:

Post a Comment