August 27, 2012

Road Trip and Planning a Birthday Party Part 1.

I am a bit excited!  My baby girl turned two on August 8, but she woke up with a pink eye and she was not in a festive mood. Instead we will be celebrating her BIG 2 in NYC with family and friends. I have to confess I am bit nervous. I am going to see a high school friend that I have not see since..wait for it......15 years.. "What?" "How can that be?" Well, we were not that close in high school..We took science class together and when I did Guys and Dolls she was taking care of things behind the scene. We grew close when we came across on each other on Face Book. She and I were pregnant and we began chatting on facebook and that is how we grew close. When I told her I was going to NYC to celebrate Amalia's birthday we both started talking about the birthday theme and games to play with the little kids..We even plan the menu......

   Amalia's birthday theme is Butterfly Garden party...I was able to get butterfly wings for some of the little girls from the dollar store and for the boys I made frog sun visors out of foam. I went to party city and bought some garden theme goodies...Let me tell you a little bit about myself. When I plan a dinner event or party event, my minds creates something grand my imagination goes loco..hahaha...and I want to replicate the same vision in reality..but it is hard because I don't have money like that and second because I might not find the exact supply to create such event....but I make the best of it....Back to the party theme.... My mother has a front yard and with good weather, the front yard will be decorated with butterfly, pinwheels, frogs toy...My mother has a closed porch and that will be decorated with hanging tissue pompom that will be made by moi, hanging strings, a hanging butterfly pinata and the buffet table will be decor with pink table cloth holding delicious home made food (I come from Dominican Parents)  such as, Morro de gandules (rice with pigeon peas) pollo al horno (roasted chicken), Lasagna, potato salad, green salad, pernil (pork shoulder), ceviche, white rice, Italian bread homemade dipped garlic sauce for the bread, and Shepard pie( made by my friend), a tray holding carrots, celery, cherry tomato, broccoli with ranch dip, and fruits salad. On the birthday cake table, will be decor with pink ruffle skirt, with white tulle holding butterfly wings, some balloons and on the table will have trays of cookies, wafers, cake pops (will be made by my friend Karen) and the birthday cake will also be created by Karen. Some jars to hold raspberry M&M and yogurt pretzels.. As I write this I get so excited...Now for the guest of honor the birthday girl I decided to be creative..I decided to create a tutu dress with a crochet top, and a beautiful headband that I also hand made using satin fabric, pink lace and marabou feather laid on a stretchy lace.with pink butterfly wings.....In addition Margaret is allowing me to borrow some jars and vase for decoration purpose....I will put up pictures of the event.. If the weather does not cooperate then we will take the party inside...

No comments:

Post a Comment