October 7, 2011

Nap time

It is about that time...you know, the time where stay at home mom pray for...... NAP TIME. Nap time suppose to be a good thing, but for me it is not the nap time itself its the waking up from a nap time that I dread. Ethan does not wake up from a nap happy, nor smiley, nor energetic........its the opposite of what a nap should do. He wakes up whining, then kicking his legs, then screaming and then crying. It does not matter if I let him be or console him he will be with this funky attitude until HE decides to stop. Its the most dreadful time for me and I am not sure why he wakes up like that. I tried many techniques that will make him wake up with a great attitude:


Techniques I tried:


  •  I did the nap time schedule, where Ethan and Amalia will be placed down for a nap. Results fail with Ethan. Amalia happy as ever.
  • Amalia was placed to nap first and I entertained Ethan to the max so he can be super tired and he can have a great nap and see the benefit from it. Result fail with Ethan. Amalia happy as ever.
  • Put soothing melodies and left it on during nap time. Result fail with Ethan. Amalia happy as ever.







I even let him fall asleep on his own......whenever he felt he needed it........he will fall asleep on the living room sofa, did not not move him....left him there.......result fail, but he does look cute when he sleep.












This little Diva likes to pose while she naps...so darn cute.










So, you see i tried some technique and so far Ethan still wakes up with a not so good attitude. I want to correct this before he attends preschool. On the other note, Amalia wakes up with a huge smile, at least one child enjoys napping!




  *************************************************************************



 Any advice will be appreciated on how to deal with the after nap time nightmare.

            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Proverbs 3:24
 If you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.

1 comment:

  1. how cute is amelia the way she sleeps...like a gymnast! haha My son is tough to get to nap too... its hit or miss but in daycare the teacher said hes like clock work- 5 mins and he's out!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete