May 23, 2013

The benefits of cooking with Organic Coconut oil, using Himalayan salt, Salba seeds and Maca roots


 I was never a bad eater to say..I always liked to eat clean food, once in a while yes I eat fast food, or restaurant food, but 95% of the time I home cook. I prefer a good home cook meal, but I am always trying to improve my cooking by using better healthier ingredients. It has been a week since I have started using Organic Coconut oil. I purchased my Organic Coconut oil at an organic store around my way.The benefits for using this good saturated fat oil is that researchers states is actually good for you and provides a number of profound health benefits, such as:

• Improving your heart health

• Boosting your thyroid.

• Increasing your metabolism.

• Promoting a lean body and weight loss if needed.

• Supporting your immune system.


Coconut oil even benefits your skin when applied topically and has been found to have anti-aging, regenerative effects.

Having a child with Down syndrome that extra chromosome they carry can cause with time, thyroid problems, their prone to quickly gain weight because their metabolism slow down, they can have weak immune system, and some are prone to have Alzheimer disease early as in their teens. Some researchers have stated that using Coconut Oil in their diet daily can slow down the progression of Alzheimer and some testimony state that their love ones have been "cured" from Alzheimer. Since I want my family to be healthy I began using Organic Coconut oil. The great thing about this Coconut oil is that you can substitute butter for coconut oil. I am making sandwiches I use coconut oil as my spread instead of butter, mayonnaise or any other spread used. I cook my rice, beans, chicken, fish, soup, and I even add a teaspoon to my protein shake or smoothie. It does not change the taste of the food at all. I even use it on my hair as a treatments. For my hair which is curly it gives it such a natural shine and it is weightless which it does not make my curls feel heavy, plus it makes my hair smell wonderful. When I purchases the jar it is a white creamy consistent like butter...It can be stores in the refrigerator or in a cool area.


Himalayan crystal salt

    I have been using this product for the last eight months. The director of a daycare/school Ethan was attending mention this product to me. She mention how water and salt regulates all metabolic functions of the body, including functions of the solid matter itself. It is water and salt that energizes and activates our body period; however the Pink Himalayan salt happens to be the best of the best. I was sold when she told me this.. I did some research and found that using this Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt

  • Stabilizes irregular heartbeats
  • Regulates your blood pressure, in conjunction with water
  • Extracts excess acidity from your body's cells, particularly the brain cells
  • Balances the sugar levels in the blood
  • Generates hydroelectric energy in your body's cells
  • Increases conductivity in nerve cells for communication and information processing
  • Enhances absorption of nutrients through the intestinal tract
  • Clears mucous plugs and sticky phlegm in the lungs, particularly in asthma and cystic fibrosis
  • Clears up congestion of the sinuses
  • Provides your body with a strong natural antihistamine
  • Helps maintain muscle tone and strength
  • Stops excess saliva production
  • Strengthens bone structure. Osteoporosis, in many ways, is a result of salt and water shortage in the body
  • Prevents muscle cramps and many more great health benefit.

  • More reason for me to use this salt. I found the Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt at an organic store around my way. The cool thing about the salt it comes with a built in grinder so you can grind the salt weather you like the salt to be coarse or fine. I have used both the Pink Himalayan and the Himalayan Sea Salt.. I prefer the Pink Himalayan, I feel it gives the food a better taste. As you can see I ran out of the Pink Salt time to buy more!


    Salba Seeds

     This wonderful seed is known to be a super food. It comes from the famous Chia Plant. It is originally from South America, known to be part of the Aztec diet and has been known for its healing properties. This little seeds is awesome. Salba supports:
    • The digestive system
    • fewer food cravings
    • natural energy
    • balance blood sugar
    • increase joint mobility
    • eight times more Omega-3s than Salmon
    • 30% more Antioxidant than Blueberries
    • 25% more fiber than Flax seeds.
    There are two way you can buy Salba: Seeds form or Ground form. I have both. I use the seeds form for my salad or when I am sauteing vegetables. I use ground form for the kids. I use it in their pancake mix, oatmeal, milk, or baking!



    Maca Roots

      At the organic store I go to purchase my goodies, they always give out free health magazine. In the month of April of 2013 it talked about Maca roots. Maca is a root for Peru, it is a tuber, like a potato and offers a great energy booster, not to be compared to that of drinking a red bull or those energy drinks,  it is a stress reducer, helps balancing hormones( PMS, Menopause, hot flashes,thyroid, etc)  promotes the growth of healthy hair, bones, teeth and muscle. It is also known to be a fertilizer enhancer and best know for improving libido and sexual function. It comes in a powder form. I use only a half a teaspoon in Amalia's milk or oatmeal before she goes to therapy; since she gets back to back therapy she needs the extra energy. I pour a half a teaspoon in my protein shake after I work out for the quick pick me up...As much as I love to grab a cup of coffee, I am trying to cut down.





     Everything in moderation and we can achieve a healthy family!







    No comments:

    Post a Comment